By conforming to the most stringent government measures, we will ensure that you can relax and enjoy complete peace of mind during your stay.
Our Covid-19 FAQ should answer all of your questions, but if you have any other queries, do not hesitate to contact a member of the staff who will be happy to put your mind at rest.
WILL I BE ABLE TO CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT IN THE USUAL WAY?
- In order to ensure that social distancing measures are respected, we will operate a remote online check in process. Credit card authorisation and processing will also take place on line.
- At the end of your stay you will receive your invoice online and you will be able to peruse this document at leisure, before authorising online payment.
- Please note that check in/check out times may be slightly earlier or slightly later than usual, in order to facilitate the thorough room cleaning that is a mandatory measure of the Covid-19 health protocols.
WILL THERE BE SOMEONE ON HAND TO HELP ME/SUGGEST THINGS TO DO AND SEE?
- Yes, of course – here at Abaton Island
we pride ourselves on our personal service to our guests. Our concierge will be on hand to inform you and deliver paper-free information throughout your stay.
WHAT HYGIENE AND SAFETY MEASURES SHOULD I EXPECT DURING MY TIME AT ABATON ISLAND RESORT & SPA?
- In compliance with protocols set by the local health authorities and the World Health Organisation (WHO), Abaton Island Resort & Spa’s trained on-site professionals will implement discrete temperature checks - for both staff and guests - at all resort entrances.
- Entry to the property will also be strictly limited and records will be kept of all visits in our designated hotel log book.
- To further inform you, we will comply with government recommendations by clearly signalling information on key measures throughout the property.
- We will also supply you with a complimentary safety kit, including face mask and hand sanitizers, for use during your stay.
- There will, of course, be a doctor on call 24/7.
HOW CAN I BE SURE THAT MY ROOM IS REALLY VIRUS-FREE?
- Rest assured that we have consulted with leading medical experts and we can guarantee the quality of our hospital-rated disinfection and cleaning procedures. These will include:
- Air disinfection using the latest fogging tech - used as a chemical disinfectant to kill bacteria and viruses, fog sanitizing product penetrates every area of the room thus disinfecting the entire room effectively.
- Empty rooms between stays - depending on requirements and availability rooms will be left empty for 48 hours between stays.
- Healthy air - air conditioning filters will be cleaned before each check in and all rooms will have access to a natural air source.
- Sterilized fixtures and fittings – as part of our bid to ensure that your room is 100% clean, we will cover remote controls with one time use plastic membrane and all fabrics will be deep-cleaned and disinfected with a steam machine.
- In public areas there will also be regular cleaning of so-called ‘high-frequency touch points’ including door handles, elevator buttons and light switches.
- Extra cleaning on demand - our highly qualified service team will be happy to arrange daily deep-cleansing of your room, upon request.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT YOUR STAFF ARE HEALTHY?
- Strict social distancing measures will be in place during your stay: staff will wear masks and gloves at all times and in all service areas, and all staff areas will be equipped with hand sanitizers and other cleansing and disinfecting products.
- You may also rest assured that our staff will be monitored daily in order to check the status of their health.
WHAT MEASURES CAN I EXPECT IN ABATON ISLAND’S DINING AREAS?
- Less seats - Seating in our five gourmet restaurants and dining venues will be reduced in order to conform to local regulations and social distancing requirements.
- Keep your table – in order to limit unnecessary interaction, subject to availability you will now be able to reserve your preferred table at each of our restaurants for the duration of your stay.
- No more buffets – in order to respect social distancing measures and ensure hygiene, we will replace buffet service with dedicated menus, which will be available via your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure to reserve – although our restaurants will operate with extended opening hours, you will be required to reserve in advance.
- Single use and sanitation – linen table cloths and other reusable table items will be replaced with single-use covers which will be changed after every sitting. HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) recommended hygiene protocols will be in operation in all dining areas.
WILL I BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE SPA?
- Yes, of course - what would a stay at our hotel be like without one of our carefully crafted spa treatments?
- In order to respect social distancing, however, we will be operating with a limited capacity, so you are strongly advised to make a reservation - before arrival, when possible.
- It will also be possible to request certain spa services outdoors or in the comfort of your own room. Unfortunately, due to strict hygiene requirements, the indoor heated pool, steam room and the sauna will be out of operation.
CAN I STILL GO TO THE GYM OR PLAY TENNIS?
- Abaton Island’s fully-equipped gym will be at your disposition during your stay, but you will need to reserve in advance to use this service and we can only allow one guest at a time in the gym area. The gym will be totally disinfected after each individual use.
- All group exercise is banned, but a limited number of guests may access Abaton
Island’s tennis court, upon reservation.
WHAT ABOUT THE BEACH AND POOL AREAS?
- With Crete’s wonderful warm summer temperatures, no holiday would be complete without a dip in the sea or a plunge in the pool.
- In order to ensure your safety as you enjoy our facilities, we have introduced stringent health and hygiene measures:
- Clean sunbeds - sunbeds will be disinfected after each use and you will have the possibility to reserve your own sunlounger for your unique personal use, for the duration of your stay. Sunbeds in beach and pool areas will be set out with regulated distances between individual beds and parasols, in order to respect strict social distancing standards.
- Monitored pool entry - our trained staff will ensure that social distancing is strictly enforced and only a limited amount of guests will be allowed in the pool at any one time.
- Pristine water - regular tests of pools and water systems will be undertaken to ensure that water purity respects national standards.
- Unlimited towels – there will be an unlimited number of fresh, clean towels available to our guests at all times.
CAN I STILL SHOP ‘TILL I DROP?
- Please do bring that extra suitcase - Abaton Island’s select cluster of stylish boutiques will definitely be open for business. To further enforce that sense of exclusivity, we will only allow one guest inside a store at any one time.
- Use our online boutique.
WILL THERE BE MUCH FOR THE KIDS TO DO?
- Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 restrictions we will be unable to open our kids playroom or run our usual range of family activities.
- Luckily, the whole family can enjoy Abaton Island’s public and private pool areas, or have fun swimming in the sheltered sea or sunbathing on the beach.